Monday, July 7, 2008

Roses & Daisies by Anna Maria Junus

Laurel Tanner has everything - a loving husband and beautiful daughter. But when her daughter dies in a tragic accident Laurel doesn't know how to cope with the situation. Her husband Doug doesn't know how to handle his wife's pain and even though he tries, he can't show the emotion to help her believe he as touched by the tragedy as she is. The rest of the family does what they can for her, but she finally breaks and takes off on her own, driving across Canada.

While Laurel tries to escape her pain, the rest of the family struggles to figure out where she has gone. Through the mental connection she has with her twin brother, Linden, the family finally gets an idea of where she is. Doug and Linden fly across Canada to bring her home. Through the eyes and emotions of seven different people, the story unfolds.

I found Roses & Daisies to be engaging from the beginning. The emotions of a family dealing with a tragic loss are well portrayed. The characters were well portrayed and I really cared what happened to them. I didn't how each chapter jumped from character to character, each portrayed in the first person. There were only a few times where I had to return to the beginning of the chapter to find out whose viewpoint I was reading. Even though I don't usually enjoy books that jump this way, this one was well done, and it bothered me less than I thought it would. This is a book I recommend. It is an enjoyable read and I can't wait to read more from this author.

1 comment:

Anna Maria Junus said...

AHHHHH! (That's a happy scream).

You liked me! You really liked me!